Ok, my head is still spinning a bit! I just took 5 trains in 3 days to visit 3 different ministries in the north of England. Brilliant, as the English say :)
I thought that even if I do get lost, it won't be tragic as we all speak the same language. Thankfully, I didn't get lost as my sense of direction somehow improves in foreign countries. One time, I did get on the wrong train, but got off at the last minute before I would have headed to Scotland! Which is on my list of travel spots, so maybe it wouldn't have been so bad. And by the way, did you know there are different accents from the north and south of England? Much like it is in the north and south in America.
I had a wonderful time in each city. It's so fun to see the wide variety we have in the body of Christ. God has each uniquely gifted us with many personalities and talents to be used for His glory. Everyone was so welcoming and hospitable. I visited an American couple who puts together bible studies and leads prayer groups. I also spent time with a single woman who bas given her life to reaching out and visiting Muslim women to share the love of Jesus. I then visited another team that runs a womens center. This is truly an amazing place. The leaders reach out to the illiterate women and teach them english and meet basic needs as they come from a country that is of the poorest in the world. They also reach women who have been victims of human trafficking. They meet with them and help to be their advocates and be the hands and feet of Christ by showing great mercy and kindness in the healing process. If you don't know much about human trafficking, I encourage you as a follower of God to become educated about this worldwide problem. You may not be aware, but it is a huge problem in the United States as well. We as God's people need to be the voices of hope and justice for the oppressed. This is the heart of
God.
We as the church must not shield our eyes from the evil we see, but be salt and light and the very hands of Jesus to a lost and broken world. Remember John 1:5 "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." Where is God using you to shine His light into dark places?
Back in southern England again. Right outside the London area. More to come. So appreciate your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment